Wednesday, August 8, 2012

More on Organization: Weekly Schedule At A Glance, Focused Event Days~ Errand & Desk Days, More Yummy Market Fresh Recipes!

Everyone that knows me knows I love to create schedules, make lists and have multiple day planners & calenders.  I love everything about organization. Over the years I realized that I inherited this trait from my mother... who I may say has even the labels of her spice jars and canned goods all facing in the same direction and to size... they even might be alphabetized- I've never dared look.  Her cupboards are immaculate and she never has dust. Mind you, it is just her and my dad and she only had me!  I am glad that I have this trait thanks to her... even though I never realized it while I was growing up.  It has only been since I have had a home of my own and my family have I realized all the important things she taught me... or at least tried to!  My 'other' mom, is also extremely organized~ she's actually the one who introduced me to The Flylady program.  She has helped me tremendously in many area's, especially with sewing 'stuff'.  Her material/craft closet is also immaculate and completely organized right up to type's of fabrics and colors.  Her craft stuff is always tidy and in it's place!  What wonderful examples I have been blessed with!  Anyway, back to schedules & lists...

Here is my Weekly Schedule At A Glance... this really has helped me in the past when I first started with this program!
*Please note that this doesn't include any of our farm related chores that we do here at the farm.  I am only focusing on the daily home chores that most of us face. (Be sure to keep watching, next time I will be focusing on Menu Planning and Grocery Shopping!)
*Use Put Away Basket Daily for my walk through's!

MONDAY:
*Focus on what we have planned for the week through my P.M.S. list- do list of appts/calls/errands for the week.
*Back Entry zone cleaning, Bathroom & Upstairs Hallway, stairs- Ryan & Taylor
*Zone clean Kitchen~
clean out fridge; put clean foil on stove burners- Taylor/Mom

*Main floor of house- floors- Ryan
*Laundry- mom
*fill bird feeders- Kyle/Evan
*water porch pots on tables- Kyle
*All outside yard chores: mowing, weed whacking, weeding- boys
*general machine maintained- boys


TUESDAY:
*Laundry- bedding, dish towels and anything that didn't get done yesterday-Mom
*Zone Clean Pantry, Family & Dining rooms Taylor/Mom
*Moms office day- phone calls, pay bills, etc.
*purge any old mag's/newspapers/etc.- Mom
*Menu planning day/ create grocery list from menu- think about what is going to be baked next week as well.
WEDNESDAY:
*Zone cleaning Bedrooms
*Sewing/mending if any.
*Baking day if no sewing~ Taylor
THURSDAY:
Errand and Grocery Day~
*try to schedule all errands for today- post office, cleaners, doctor's appts., shopping etc. 
*Grocery Shop- do any budget shopping today too.
*Laundry- Taylor
FRIDAY:
*This is our market prep day and we do all running for this. 
*Laundry~ as needed


SATURDAY: *We are at market all day and the boy who is home takes care of general home duties.
*Grocery Shop on way home from market
*Any meal prep for Sunday gets done today.
SUNDAY:
This is our day of rest & worship... and we never feel guilty! Praise the Lord!

On to Focused Event Days now, I will try to give a more detailed break down of what we do... here it is!
*Errand Day~ this day needs to be structured to have the best time and gas management possible.
*I always make a list of all the places I need to go and I write them down in the order I plan on doing them.  When I do this I think about the direction's of the errands and map out the best possible route to take.  I try, if possible to start with the furthest stop first and make my way back toward home.  This doesn't always work, but most of the time it does.  I also try to do any grocery shopping last, especially in the summer because of the extreme heat that could damage the goods. 
*If I have appointments to keep, I try to make those first thing in the morning where I can do the remaining errands in a timely fashion afterwards.
*I also try to spread any appointments out over the month so I do not over book myself just causing everyone frustration.  Also take into consideration when making appt.s for my children if it is the school season, to make them after school if at all possible.
*Grocery shopping~ this is 'typically' done on Errand day but not always due to the fact that I like to shop at one particular grocery store that has a very large selection of Organic goods that I like to purchase.  This store is an hour away from our country home and we drive past it every Saturday on our way home from market... so my main grocery shopping is done on Saturday. The other place I like to purchase other items in bulk is done at a store right down the road from us and that is the shopping that gets done on Errand day... usually!
*Go over the menu for that week and check to see if there is anything I need- write it down on list right away~ I would too quickly forget.
*
I always make sure I have my grocery list, coupons and shopper bags ready to go.
*My Checklist before I leave:  My purse with checkbook with checks in it, debit card; all lists; Bill stubs, banking papers if needed; sale ads; mail to go out; anything else I need to meet my list.
...Again lists are crucial here!  Another important tip when going grocery shopping is to NEVER go when you are hungry! You will end up buying things because they 'look' good at that present moment!  Stick to the list and the budget.



Here are some yummy recipes to enjoy the bounty out of your own garden or from the market!
Lime Cucumber Salsa
1 large cucumber diced

1-2 garlic loves, minced

3 green onions, sliced

2 tbsp minced fresh cilantro, parsley or basil

2 tbsp fresh lime juice

2 tbsp Olive Oil

1 tsp grated lime peel

1/2 tsp salt, optional

1/4 tsp pepper
1. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
2. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
   

Spice Cantaloupe
2 c cued cantaloupe
2tbsp lime juice
1 tbsp sugar
1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
1. In a medium bowl combine cantaloupe, lime juice, sugar & nutmeg; toss gently to combine. Spoon into serving dishes.
Sausage & Veggie’s on the Grill
1 pound Garden Gates Italian Sausage
1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch slices
1 medium yellow squash, cut into 1 inch slices
1 medium pepper, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
1 c fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 c Olive Oil
2 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1-2 garlic clove, minced
1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.  In a small bowl, combine the oil, herbs & garlic.  Pour over sausage mixture, toss to coat.  Divide between two pieces of heavy duty foil.  Fold foil around sausage mixture & seal tightly.
2. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 25-30 minutes or until meat is no longer pink & vegetables are tender.  Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape.
Happy Day,
Jean


No comments:

Post a Comment